ASHRAE Ireland Chapter held our Virtual AGM on Tuesday 15th June. Our outgoing President, Mr. Michael Geraghty congratulated the team on growing the ASHRAE Ireland Chapter despite a difficult year.
ASHRAE Ireland is going from strength to strength, we have never been as relevant and important as we are in these current times. Never before have our values and mission of reducing damage to the planet whilst improving the health and comfort of buildings been more important.Michael Geraghty, ASHRAE Ireland Chapter President 2020-21
- Successful transition to online events, with the COVID-19 and ASHRAE Ireland Technical webinar series well received by attendees.
- Significant growth in sponsorship from 8 sponsors in 2020 to 24 in 2021. We are extremely grateful for your support, which will help us grow our activity, and support our members now and in the future.
- Stable growth in student branches and members across UCD, NUIG, MTU, TUD, Sligo IT and GMIT. 2021 also marked the first student-hosted technical webinar, thanks to Raquel Lima, NUIG student branch President.
- Our Young Engineers in ASHRAE (YEA) committee, led by Conor Deane, linked up with CIBSE\’s YEN Chair to successfully host the inaugural CIBSE-ASHRAE Young Engineers St. Patricks Day Quiz.
- New CIBSE-ASHRAE mentorship programme planned for launch in 2021-22.
- Strong Grassroots activities, with joint events and collaborations with organisations such as CIBSE, IRI and IGBC in 2020-21.
- Ireland Chapter exceeded expectations for Research Promotion and was the only Chapter in Europe to receive the Full Circle award, which required donations from all standing senior board members.
- Increased presence across all social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
New Board of Governors 2021-22
ASHRAE Ireland welcomes our new Board of Governors and Committee Chairs for 2021-22. Daniel Coakley (MERCE-UK) will take up the President role from 1st July 2021, having previously served as Secretary since the foundation of ASHRAE Ireland Section in 2015. Conor Murray (3dimension) steps into the Vice-President position, and Michael Geraghty (Entropic) moves to Treasurer. Finally, Conor Deane (SEHA) takes up the role of Secretary.
|Chapter Technology Transfer*||Events, Talks, DLs||John Bynum||Tony O’Keefe|
|Electronic Communications*||PR, Website, Articles, Publications||Daniel Coakley||David Keogh|
|Membership Promotion*||Membership, Sponsors, Finance||Frank Caul|
|Student Activities*||Student Activities||Adam O’Donovan||Conor Deane|
|YEA* (Young Engineers ASHRAE||Young Members||Conor Deane||Daniel Coakley|
|Grassroots Government Activities*||CIBSE, EI, GAI, IBPSA, IGBC, IRI, SEAI||Ken Goodman||Edith Blennerhasset|
|Research Promotion*||Fundraising for RP campaign||Daniel Coakley|
|Nominating*||Succession Planning||Donal Finn|
|Training and Education||Andrew Keegan||Gary O’Sullivan|
|Clean Rooms||Conor Murray||Brendan Redington|
|Refrigeration||Seamus Kerr||Hugh O’Gorman|
The year ahead
We have a lot of exciting plans for the coming year, as we shift focus from the COVID crisis to sustainable recovery. 2020 highlighted the significant importance of building services and HVAC systems, as they became the focus of attention for airborne infection transmission. There are many challenges ahead for our industry, and ASHRAE Ireland is committed to providing our members with the resources and knowledge to drive improvement and innovation in the built environment.