ASHRAE Ireland Chapter held our first training event “HVAC Design Level I – Essentials” at the Beacon Hotel, Sandyford on 18-20 November 2019. This training was lead by two ASHRAE instructors, Charlie Henck (Maryland, USA) and Alkis Triantafyllopoulos(Athens, Greece), and supplemented with material from our training sponsors, Mitsubishi Electric Ireland (Andrew Keegan, National Specifications Manager) and Forest Rock Systems Ltd. (Steve Herbert, Controls & Training Manager).
The course, presented over three days, covered a review of the fundamentals of design and operation, as well as practical examples of their application in real-world cases. The course provided attendees with an in-depth understanding of ASHRAE technical guidance documents, blended with European best-practice.
Both presenters brought a wealth of on-site & project experience. HVAC Design, Fundamentals & Systems are well-covered, I would recommend it, definitelyPlanning Engineer, Dublin, 2019
The course was sold-out, with 26 attendees in total. There were a number of requests for places we were unable to accommodate on this occasion, so we have created a waiting list for our next training event, and hope to offer this later in the year. Once we have more information and tentative dates, we will contact all those on the waiting list.
Overall, the feedback from attendees has been extremely positive:
- “A good overview of load calculations, providing not only standard procedures but also interesting insights / rules of thumb and how these vary across the world.” (Building Engineer, Dublin)
- “Excellent material and delivery, with an appropriate level of detail – the quantity covered in 3 days is significant but acceptable; however, participants need a good level of pre-knowledge to get the most out of this quite intensive course.” (Chartered Engineer, Cork)
- “Coming from a control and automation background, this training has given me a very good basis for understanding HVAC systems and their applications.” (Control & Automation Engineer, Scotland)
- “My background is electrical, with recent experience in mechanical systems including HVAC. This course answered a lot of my questions and will no doubt help my future career.” (Electrical Commissioning Engineer, Dublin)
- “I found this course very good. I’m from a HVAC trade background and am now a contract manager – I’m looking forward to doing the Level II training. I learned stuff in this course that I will use every day in my job.” (HVAC Engineer, Galway)
- “Found the course very enjoyable – covered the basics extremely well. Content is very well put together & presented. All instructors very knowledgeable.” (Senior Project Engineer, Cork)
We have also received some suggestions for improvement, which we have fed back to ASHRAE and our instructors. This will help to continuously improve the training we offer our members, and we really appreciate those who took the time to provide their valuable feedback.
If you are interested in signing up for the waiting list for ASHRAE Level I or Level II, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also find further information on our website: http://ashrae-ireland.org/training/
For further information on ASHRAE Ireland, and all of our upcoming events and training programs, please follow us on the channels below.
- Website: http://ashrae-ireland.org/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ASHRAE_IRL
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ashrae-ireland/
- Mailing List: http://ashrae-ireland.org/register/
Finally, if you are looking to volunteer or help contribute to any of our ASHRAE Ireland activities, please get in touch. Our next board meeting will be held tomorrow, Tuesday 14th January 2020 at 18:15 (via Skype).
Wishing you all the best in 2020.
ASHRAE Ireland Secretary