HVAC Design: Level I – Essentials
Location: Dublin, Ireland
When: 18-20 November 2019
Where: The Beacon Hotel,
Beacon Ct, Sandyford Business Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18, D18 Y8N7, Ireland
In-depth Training: ASHRAE Guidance Blended with European Practice
The greatest challenge facing engineering firms and building owners is maintaining a work force that understands the fundamentals of HVAC design and that is current with the application of new technologies. This November, ASHRAE Learning Institute offers four training opportunities in Europe. Courses are presented in English.
Three-day review of the fundamentals and insights to use current technologies in new solutions.
Course Topics: Load calculations, psychometrics, system selection, design process, air systems, hydronic systems, HVAC equipment, HVAC systems, Codes and Standards, BAS controls, commissioning, project management.
- Discover how to calculate heating and cooling loads
- Learn the basics of psychrometrics
- Evaluate building automation systems and controls
- Understand hydronic design & air system design
- Select HVAC equipment & systems
- Describe standard practices & design processes
- Explain the differences & advantages of systems for specific applications
- Engineers who are recent university graduates
- Engineers assigned new design responsibilities
- Engineers who want to ensure they are up to date
- Architects who want an understanding of HVAC design
- Facilities managers involved in new construction or major renovation projects
- Suppliers and sales engineers who need to assist clients with design challenges
- Technicians who would like to gain thorough design knowledge to advance their careers
- Construction project managers involved with mechanical systems
Content Bonus: Suppliers’ views on VRF design considerations and BAS integration and building protocols
Charlie Henck, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, LEED® AP, designed and renovated healthcare systems, office buildings, laboratories, and data centers during a 40 plus year career with a consulting engineering firm in the US. Henck wrote, edited, and revised portions of ASHRAE Laboratory Design Guide, Second Edition, with a focus on air treatment.
Triantafyllos Triantafyllopoulos, Member ASHRAE, is Head of Engineering for Menerga Hellas, in Athens, Greece. He has design experience as a consultant and supplier for hotels, indoor swimming pools, large buildings, hospitals, private villas, laboratories, manufacturing facilities, data centers, district energy systems.
This training is supported through sponsorship of: